Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Panda Bear • Person Pitch




A+

"Try to remember always, just to have a good time." The center refrain of the opener of Panda Bear's 2007 opus perfectly encapsulates what the album is all about. Have a good time.

Person Pitch comes off as some sort of bastard child of Brian Wilson, Aphex Twin, and Beck, and consists primarily of samples and the multi-layered vocals of Noah Lennox, save for some percussion and jangly guitar strums here and there.

It's electronic psychedelia at its finest, not a bad moment among the album's short 45 minute run, and bursting at the edges with creativity. Thusly, I can't award this gem anything short of a perfect score.

2 Comments:

Blogger C Combs said...

A perfect score? Well, I can't argue. After hearing this multiple times myself, I would say your review is spot on. Also, I would like to say it's probably one of the coolest album covers of the year so far.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Sir Jon said...

yeah, duh josh has turned me onto panda bear and the whole animal collective gang, all good, but this disc is top notch. Plus, how cool is it that he is named panda bear?

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home